We believe in sharing information and this page provides links to videos, recipes and website links that we believe is interesting and of value to our community. If you have any questions arising from the information we share, don’t hesitate to call us on (02) 6882 2322 or email us .
Content to come
- Weston Price Foundation http://www.westonaprice.org/
- SCD http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/
- Glycemic Index - the Official Website of the Glycemic Index and GI Database
- The Paleo Diet - a way of eating in the modern age that best mimics diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors
- Acne - Look at the influence food choice and lifestyle has on acne vulgaris.
- Shake It - a weight management program
- Additive Alert - a guide to understanding what goes into the foods we buy at the supermarket
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Unit - for information on allergies and food intolerances
- Queen Bee Allergy Free - Egg, dairy & nut free recipes
Food As Medicine
- Quirky Cooking - http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/p/dairy-free-substitutes.html
- The Sprouting Seed - http://thesproutingseed.com/how-to-support-a-healthy-ecosystem-in-your-gut/
Mood, Behaviour and learning
- The Mindd Foundation - helps practitioners,parents, carers & patients find effective treatments for metabolic, immunologic, neurologic, digestive and developmental conditions that often affect the mind and children’s health.
- Bio-Balance Health - Specializing in the evaluation and management of biochemical imbalances, which may be associated with the symptoms of developmental, learning and behaviour disorders or anxiety, depression or mental illness for both children and adults. This treatment has been pioneered by the work of Carl Pfieffer and Bill Walsh. This is an innovative approach of using vitamins, minerals and other nutrient supplements to treat biochemical imbalances has helped thousands of patients lead a more productive and rewarding life. For information on complementary nutritional treatment techniques for learning and behavioural disorders, including ADD, ADHD, and autism, as well as mental disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression.
- GAPs program - The term GAPS, abbreviated from Gut and Psychology Syndrome was created by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride MD, MMedSci (neurology), MMedSci(human nutrition) in 2004 after working with hundreds of children and adults with neurological and psychiatric conditions, such as autism spectrum disorders, ADD/ ADHD, schizophrenia, dyslexia, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and other neurological and psychiatric problems.
- The Gawler Foundation - for an integrated approach to health, healing and wellbeing.
- Australian National Toxic Network - NTN is a community network working for pollution reduction, protection of environmental health and environmental justice. This is a great resource.
- Safer Solutions - Safer Solutions provides the information we need to take action to make our homes safer and keep our families healthy. Information for the home, garden, renovation and children.
- Chemical Body Burden - for information from health professionals, scientists, citizens groups and environmental organisations concerned about the chemical body burden we carry and its health effects
Nutrition Industry Information
- Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine - lists trained professions who can help you
- The Australasian Integrative Medicine Association - the peak medical body representing the doctors of integrative medicine.
- The Australian Traditional Medicine Society Australia's - largest professional association of massage therapists, herbalists, acupuncturists, homeopaths, naturopaths and nutritionists.
- Metagenics - for a nutritional approach to improved genetics and weight management.
- Institute for Functional Medicine - for a focus on patient-centred health care that links genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors influencing health and chronic disease.
- Linus Pauling Institute - for information on research into the role of vitamins and minerals in optimum health and preventing or treating disease.
- Sunlighten Sauna - Full spectrum infrared sauna Aspire offers a medical grade infrared therapy for pain, inflammation, detoxification, weight loss and more.